The primary purpose of the Pilgrim Virgin Statue home family visitation is to aid families in responding to the requests made by the Blessed Mary during her apparitions at Fatima. The essence of her requests is threefold: Return to God; Make reparation for sins; Pray the Rosary for Peace.
- Return to God: Turn away from sin and obey the Ten Commandments.
- Make reparation for sins: Practice some form of penance and sacrifice in atonement for our own sins and the sins of others. An offering of the sacrifices required in performing the daily duties of one’s state in life is a good starting point.
- Pray the Rosary for Peace: She asked us to pray the Rosary every day.
The commitment required of those families desiring to welcome Mary into their homes is threefold.
A 2 week visitation (unless otherwise specified) consists of the following:
1. The Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Mary is escorted to the home at the agreed date and time by no less than a pair of Our Lady Star of the Sea Praesidium (Legion of Mary) members of St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church.
2. The statue is enthroned and displayed at the location prepared by the family.
3. A brief welcome prayer is recited by all present led by the head of the family or his designate.
4. Each day the family fulfills their commitment to pray the rosary together for a week at a convenient time of their choosing. At the request of the family, the Pilgrim Virgin Statue can extend its stay for up to another week if scheduling permits.
5. At the appointed date and time the members of the Legion of Mary return to the home, lead a short concluding prayer service, and escorts the Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Mary to the next family’s home.