St. Paul's SPACE Ministry will be sending representatives to World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland in July of 2016. Teens ages 17 and up, and young adults ages 20-36 are invited to attend this epic journey that will take us to the heart of Poland and into the heart of Christ.
- July 19 - Depart Houston, TX for Krakow, Poland
- July 20-24 - Arrive in Poland and depart for our Missions Week site - where we will be participating in a mission trip somewhere in Poland (location TBA)
- July 25 - As we head to Krakow, we make a pilgrimage to Auschwitz Concentration Camp, martyrdom place of St. Maximilian Kolbe and 4.1 million
- other people during World War II. As we depart from Auschwitz, we head to Wadowice, the birth place of St. John Paul II. In the evening, we'll head for the University of Krakow, where we'll be staying in Krakow. UoK is in the heart of the city, and in walking distance to all of the WYD activities.
- July 26 - Today we journey to Czestachowa, and celebrate Mass in the Basilica, and see the miraculous painting of the Black Madonna. In the evening, we attend the opening celebration of World Youth Day 2016.
- July 27 - WYD Catechesis, mass, breakout sessions, and mingling with Catholics from all over the globe.
- July 28 - WYD Catechesis, mass, and more breakout sessions. Tonight, we welcome our Holy Father, Pope Francis!
- July 29 - WYD Catechesis, mass, breakout sessions, and Via Crucis (Way of the Cross).
- July 30 - We get up early and trek to the site where Eucharistic Adoration with Pope Francis and closing mass will be held.
- This is no trek for the faint of heart. We will join millions of other young Catholics and stand side by side with them as we worship Jesus Christ together.
- July 31 - Mass with Pope Francis, and then the trek back to the University.
- August 1 - We depart Poland for France, flying from Krakow or a nearby city to Toulouse, France, where we will then be traveling to miraculous town Lourdes, for a few days of peaceful rest and healing.
- August 2 - We begin our day with a private mass at the Grotto where Mary appeared to St. Bernadette. We'll see the birthplace of St. Bernadette and in the afternoon, anyone who
- wants to bathe in the miraculous waters of Lourdes may do so.
- August 3 - We visit the underground Basilica of Pius X, see where St. Bernadette grew up, and have a free afternoon. In the evening, we will participate in the Torch Light Procession.
- August 4 - We depart for Toulouse, and begin our journey home, back to Houston.